I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Saturday, August 23, 2003

[Music || Appleton, "Everything Eventually"]
Yesterday was basically my final day hanging out before college. Today I'm packing everything and everything is a lot.

Friday morning, I woke up early but my eyes couldn't open. I fell back asleep and bathed in the afternoon sunshine warming my blinds. Olivia came over around 2 and I still wasn't out of my PJs yet. I threw on my Enviromental shirt (very comfy) and we ran off to Vons. The night before, we decided that our plan was to bake something since it was cheap and fun and a great activity to bond. Since I didn't want to admit I didn't eat anything for lunch yet and I guess she didn't either, we were looking at brownies and cake mix with no interest. Then she came up with the great idea of baking a pizza. Vons didn't have any Bobli I could find, so we ended up "baking" a frozen Barons pizza for the low price of $3.99. Also, I ran off with two samples of Pepsi Vanilla (which is pretty good).

So.. while we heated up tater tots (left overs I bought) and the pizza, we watched an episode of California Dreams and went through my photo album of memories (along with some old school work). Alas, after much relaxing, she had to depart.

A couple hours later, I was suppose to catch a last movie with Clay at the Academy. A sudden turn of events happened; my car's tire went flat and I had to dangerously drive home to some scolding from my dad for driving with the flat tire "so far" (one street). So the movie was out of the question and nothing was really playing. After a trip to Best Buys and a disasterous discovery of the so-called health restaurant "The Good Earth," we were heading for nowhere. Good thing he suggested we could watch a movie from his vast DVD collection. So, this is how I was able to finally see his brother and large family in the flesh for a bit longer than half a minute. Anyways, after my first experience with a chick named Daria, I was heading for home. Not saying goodbye, but rather saying until the next time our paths are woven again.

And it is not until today that I realize that when I do come back to visit, we will change (of course, not completely). Still, change is forever constant and although we may never like it, it is the circle of life (sung by Disney stars such as Hilary Duff on the Special Edition DVD release of "The Lion King" out soon!). Whatever may come my way, good or bad.. I am forever thankful for all the happy times shared. So here's to the next time, when we will discover more of ourselves.

"Do you still?" - Amanda Latona

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home