I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Sunday, June 29, 2003

[Listening to Amy Studt, "Beautiful Lie"]
While I'm at it. I updated my CD Player with my latest albums which include Mirah's "You Think It's Like This But Really It's Like This." I noticed I never blogged about my super experience at Mirah's concert last Tuesday!

The biggest Mirah fan Clay drove me there. The Echo happened to not even have a sign outside. Sadly, Ms. Burkhart did not attend. Mirah give a sexy and rocking gig! I also thought another opening act Rebecca Percey gave an honest and thoughtful number. The LA Times agree with me that Mirah stole the show and Rebecca gave a great performance.

Mirah even signed my album. She doesn't sign.. she writes it out! How cool! She looks even more beautiful in person. I was quite shy so I didn't talk to her. After all, I'm not the biggest Mirah fan! Clay happened to engage in an intimate conversation which even led to him saying he burned her album! I was shocked at that little detail.

Mirah's set included such unforgetable numbers (well, I didn't quite memorize any of her songs... so oops) as "Dreamboat," "Sweepstake Prize," and "The Garden" (a sing-along!). Instead of spending $10 on a vegan bracelet or Rebecca's album (which I plan to buy someday), I purchased an un-burned album of Mirah's debut "You Think It's Like This But Really It's Like This."

This post may sound stale because of the period of time it took me to write it since the concert... but what a night!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home