I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Monday, June 23, 2003

[Listening to CoCo Lee, "All Around The World" & Amy Studt, "Ladder In My Tights"]
I don't want to post about my asking about feedback. As a friend of mine told me, it was quite pathetic. It'll just be one of the things I will secretly laugh about when I think in silence. Similar to the time I had to ask SZO how to make grilled cheese sandwiches. However, they did teach me how to do it good with lots of butter.

I found this old post at TOD which I'm still amazed wasn't deleted yet. Still, I have not kept my promise so I have to do so tomorrow! And I did buy Willa's album after all!
When I can drive all by myself... 8/24/2002
The first thing to do is buy a really low-price copy of my guilty pleasure with a hint of "meaningfulness" album, "Willa Was Here." Then I'll blast her songs on the stereo. It'll be hilarious.
I was practicing driving the other day and I hear someone next to me have (probably a burnt copy) of "Ooh Ooh" blasting. I was thinking, 'perfect car music'!
:-) It's like when I turned 17 - rated R movies with ID check. I actually want them to check so I'll pretend to be frustrated.


I feel all teen angsty for whatever reason. Listening to the Slutmester now and my cherished Angela Ammons album in the car today. Before I forget, I am in love with CoCo Lee' s new English single (finally!) called "All Around The World." It will be out in the Asian version of the soundtrack to "Charlie's Angel 2." Thanks to Bry and R&R board for the CoCo's heads up. I still remember bringing my SonyStyle to Ms. Chen's class and telling everyone how they should support CoCo and her endeavor to become an international star. Damn those so-called "racist" radio stations. My theories were a bit farfetched but I was a bit excited about having an Asian American superstar making it big in America!

I felt good because this Mexican lady in front of me at Ralphs forgot her card and the cashier asked if she could borrow mine. Of course, she could. It felt good to be giving back to my community! She said thank you to me as I ran out of the market and I gave her a $10 smile and said "You're welcome." Speaking of Ralphs, I got into this hungry Mr. Bigot situation with my mom today which prompted me to go to my mushroom ketchup (two bottles from Ketchup World) and Ali's Vegetarian cookbook. I set my sights on the Fatty's Led Zepplin sandwich I've been eyeing to make. I had fire in my tummy and lust in my eyes. This pushed me to the edge to go shopping at Ralphs.

I was free to park in the far sections of the market where my mom would never go for. What's a few extra steps to waiting an extra 10 minutes for a car to back out? While choosing between a Sweet French Baguette or a Multi-grain Baugette, I felt very independent and free, just like a friend told me of their sister. After playing with all the baguettes and pulling each bag out of the basket, I selected a Sweet French one in a Multi-grain bag. How bizarre! I ended up spending quite a bit cos none of what my recipe called for was on sale at Ralphs. Writing about this is making me hungry. I underestimated how much mushrooms there really were in a 6 oz bag but everything turned out okay. The more mushroom ketchup, the more flavorful. All in all, my results was a feast. Okay, everything I cook - I love. My family politely never touch my cooking except my aunt. How sad is that? I don't know if they don't want to eat my food because they want me to eat more or if they think it might be gross.. I rest assure you, it is not!

Portobello mushroom and chives on a crispy baguette:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home