I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Tuesday, August 10, 2004

"Summer Things"
[Music The Corrs feat/ Bono, "When The Stars Go Blue"]
So I didn't blog as much of the things I did this summer.. lemme jolt it down so it's not forgotten. These are just a few of the things I did this summer!

1. Chilled w/ Lyndsay. Yep, I got to hang out with kewl Lyndsay, my old Entertainment co-editor. We went to Color Me Mine and painted. That place is definitely a nice, therapeutic environment. I painted a fish and Lyndsay painted a star box. I hope her star came out alright. Mine was cute! She invited me to go with her kewl "high school senior" buddies to watch "Harold and Kumar Go To White Castle" at the World Premiere! That is definitely an event I won't forget! My first movie Premiere! :) It was thrilling to be so close to celebrities like John Cho, Will from "Alias," and Eddie Kaye Thomas! I was just really happy to be able to see her again and catch up. Thanks for the Blue Moon zine.

2. Went back to the Rialto. I love that theater. I hope it never closes. I went to watch the below average "A Home At The End Of The World." Granted, I never read the book, I still thought it was a disappointment. The movie was very uneven despite some memorable scenes and performances. The theater has a great feel, down to the uncomfortable seats. I love the atmosphere. It gives me a sense of elation. There weren't many people in the audience with me.. I hope the theater is still rolling enough dough to stay open.

3. Miniature golfing. It was fun to try miniature golfing with Danh and Ali. It got old fast. I haven't done this in a long time... It was fun though I wouldn't go again anytime soon.

4. OC Fair. I got food poisoned at the OC fair, but it was still hella fun. Helen took me there and we went on quite a few rides. The rides were dangerous, which is why people probably find fair rides so thrilling. It's like, you're paying for the chance to get killed. Okay, that was bad wording. Whatever you guys do, don't eat the Australian Battered Potatoes and down it with lemonade. You might be food poisoned for days!

5. Garden State. I hate the Laemmle for not giving free parking, but I like the theater for its classy, indie-movie feel. Clay took me to go see this awesome movie. At first, I was hesitant because I'm not a fan of the "Garden State" poster nor have I watched a single episode of "Scrubs." Still, I heard good things of the movie and Natalie Portman so a large part of myself wanted to watch it. Thank goodness because I loved it... it was great. Definitely a movie to watch in your 20s to inspire yourself.

6. Went To PCC for Summer School. I dunno what else to post. The end.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home