I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Friday, August 13, 2004

"Jo Davidson"
[Music Kiley Dean, "Who Will I Run To" (new version)]
Jo Davidson is one of my favorite artists; I even named my blog "Mental Pollution" after one of her songs which expresses what I think my mind is going through sometimes. To learn more about Jo and discover her music, check out her official website JoDavidson.com. Her new album "The Simply Said Sessions" is coming out soon, so check out some of the clips she posted up! I already preordered my copy! The songs sound incredible.

I was reading her online diary and a passage really connected to me, especially the last line. I will copy and paste the excerpt; I encourage you to read the full entry at her online journal.

"I sure would love to have all the the answers when it comes to faith, healing, timing, the reasons for everything. We do not know everything now in this world or even control as much as we like to think we do. Not that we are helpless. We co create our lives. To what extent I don't really know. Probably both more and less than we think. Control is a big thing in this country. We think we are always in the driver's seat and everything is in our hands and ours alone. That is not to diminish the power we do have. We love to set our goals, map out our days with determination and force. We like to accomplish accomplish accomplish and often judge ourselves on the latest thing we have produced. And what is left of us when the machine stops? I mean REALLY stops. When the production line comes to a deadening halt? Especially in our "prime" years? What then is our value and worth? It is the hardest thing to face, to have to learn that our worth is not tied to what we create. We are worthy just because God chose to create us."
-Jo Davidson

That line captures why sometimes I, and many others, feel depressed. I feel I'm expendable because I haven't made my mark in the world and I don't know if I ever will. I love that line. "...our worth is not tied to what we create. We are worthy just because God chose to create us."

Jo is battling CFIDS (Chronic fatigue and immune dysfunction syndrome) and us fans know she is going to win. I know she's strong and a fighter! She is an amazingly talented and kind person who has shared so much through her music and words with her fans. I'm sending my hopes and prayers 110% through to her. You're the best, Jo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home