I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Thursday, September 25, 2003

[Music || M2M "The Day You Went Away"]
Like Claudia in "The Baby-Sitter's Club Movie," I came out of English with my first essay and "I got a B minus!!!"

Okay, maybe not the best grade. We are graded on A, B, C, and NC (No Credit). My professor said the grades are toward the lower end at this point because we're just beginning. Okay, I know my essay was a bit messy and I was very nervous about what grade I would get. Deep inside me, I hoped I got somewhere around a "B." I was quite eccastic with the results. Small goals, baby. Small goals!

This essay... gosh, I worked on it for five days or something. It's so tedious proof reading it and trying to work out the kinks (and it ends up being LESS messy and kinky). I don't know the last time I worked this hard on an essay. In high school, all we did was just type up the freaking essay the night before! I'm sure many of my worst works were in Ms. Burkhart's AP class so no wonder I got poor scores. But you know in regular English classes in high school? My essay would've been an "A+" or something cos teachers are so lenient there. As long as you don't sound choppy and have interesting ideas, they give you an "A." It's not the same now.

That concludes my day. I also had a Stat quiz I didn't prepare for. The quizzes aren't worth much, but I still did good! I thank Ms. Mar for guiding me in the right direction.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home