I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Friday, September 12, 2003

As I am almost over my cold, I am feeling a lot better of myself. Being sick and alone are a terrible combination. Blech.

I shared my 1-year-plan with a few close friends and have been greeted from hostal to general indifference. Well, a little support to. What I was hoping for was little support because this is a hard thing to do. I am trying to prove something by being here - how will it make me look if I head back? Will I be disappointing anybody? Myself? Will I come back a failure of the real world?

The answer is I am not a failure. I learned today that if I indeed take the chance to go back, it just means that I'm not ready for independence in a big step. I have to take smaller steps and eventually, I'll be there. In the end, it's good. If it's not good, it's not the end.

Everything now is a learning experience for me. I am going to open up my possibilities. Tomorrow, I am going to go explore despite having two huge essays due next week and laundry to do. I'm going to make the best of what I've got.

In the end, everything happens for a reason. If I go back, new adventures will happen for me. If I stay, new opportunities will happen for me as well. There is no lose-lose in the situation.

The choice is ultimately up to me. Each choice I make, I'm learning a little something new about myself. I am growing indefinitely!

My room mate is out til Saturday, so it feels like I have my own room again. Ahh.. privacy is lovely. I can type very loudly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home