I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

[Music || Tara MacLean, "Settling"]
I'm listening to the album I never really got into, Tara MacLean's "Passenger." I never was a fan or heard of Tara's music when I bought it. The reason I purchased the album was because I heard she was one of Angela Ammons's favorite singers. I was curious. And at that time I thought (rip-off) PennyLane's was offering me a good deal for Tara's album ($3.99).

The album is just so different. It's very soothing to listen to. Aside from my favorite (and most commercial) song "If I Fall," I never really got into "Passenger." Now I'm listening through it. It's really an album which is heartfelt and so personal. Each song tells something but one has to read into it to really interpret what they hear.

Angela told me she one of her favorite lines from Tara's album was from "Settling":
"Oh the leaves they fall,
they go so far sometimes.
Do I blame the wind
or the tree that let you go?


I had to listen to that song for times on end to discover what it meant. I don't think I ever really got it. I appreciate what the album is now. Or at least what I think it is.

I love that line now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home