I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Wednesday, July 23, 2003

[On air || Delta Goodrem, "Lost Without You (Live On The Panel)"]
After watching "This Time Around" which Olivia taped for me (me no cable), I fittingly looked through my junior high school yearbook. I use to think those were the good times. So I decided to Google some people that were mean to me. Figures my intuitions were right.

This girl that was a real bitch to me at times is an aspiring singer now. Yes, why must all the popular mean bullies become "successful" and such? Isn't it the other way around? Guess that's why "This Time Around" didn't try to fabricate fairy tale lies.

"This Time Around" was a great movie. I wouldn't have thought that a TV movie would actually portray things as they should be. Well, maybe I'm jumping the gun. Carly Pope basically stole the whole movie and knew who her character was. Yes, she did grow up but she's still kind of geeky. Other actresses would've tried too hard and make it look so forced. Carly had magnetism which attracts the audience to relate to her and at the same time like her as a genuinely nice person. Sara Rue and Brian Austin Green added vibrant panache to their supporting characters.

It's a shame that movies like "This Time Around" which has a smart script and dialogue is slapped onto a TV showing while messy trite like "How To Deal" is pushed into cinemas because of the millions spent on it and the "big name stars" headling it.

Okay, moving on.. today I got my retainers and some mouth piece junket.

Last night, I didn't know I was suppose to go to a Raveonettes concert, a band I have never heard of. Anyways, after two opening acts of drunk "rock/electronic/dance" whatever music... I couldn't help yawning. Did these smoking musicians think they were making music by overpowering guitar riffs and banging tambourines? If this is good music (well, the crowd liked it), count me out. The lyrics had no substance (sample line: Fuck you fuck you fuck you) but it's not like anyone could hear it from the pounding amps! This messy music was mess. It's not my cup of tea because I don't think my body can dance to big loud noise pollution. I could not honestly see why people would pay to hear (and see) them.. well, that's just my opinion since I don't listen to this type of music. Also, I cannot leave out how none of the bands looked at the audience or responded other than a simple and stoic "thank you." No audience interaction is terrible. These people aren't even famous! On second thought, I don't think they want to be famous.. Maybe that's it. Still, I'm not attracted to rude musicians.

All considering, the main act, the Raveonettes were pretty good. Now I could see why people would pay to see them but no one could really hear the lyrics. Maybe these bands are just noise with words.. no lyric substance? Who knows? Not me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home