I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Wednesday, July 09, 2003

[Listening to Delta Goodrem, "Innocent Eyes"]
Lately I've wondering if it's wrong to want to be understood.

Yesterday I went to the park again. This time it was late in the afternoon and I didn't have lunch yet. I packed a slice of apple pie and a bottle of water. I decided to pick up the rest of my lunch at Ralphs. When I got there, they didn't offer my choice of beverage (Naked juice) so I contemplated over some normal OJ or lemonade. I went with lemonade and a pack of Hummus-like lunchables.

I went to the park which I thought would look nice with the lake. It was nice but still, the lake was dirty (as expected) with lots of bugs. Still, I can't complain. There were a lot of bugs. However, the shade and breeze were really nice. I don't know how to describe it. I felt free at last. I sat through a chapter of "Monica's Story" while fighting off bugs and flies invading my clothing and novel. It was distracting, but I felt at peace. I didn't have to put up with anyone and I didn't have anyone to dictate me or scrutize me. I didn't have to put on a front. I could just be away from everything. Solace and serenity.

As I walked along the dirt path on that warm summer afternoon, I took a look around at the people exercising, canoodling, and reading I felt at ease. I rolled down my windows and listened to the self-discovery punk-pop of my beloved "Josie and The Pussycats" soundtrack, driving 50 mph in the 50 mph zone.

That's all. And congratulations to Adrianne Curry on being America's Next Top Model! She deserved it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home