I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Sunday, December 01, 2002

How stupid could I have been? I went to sleep last night with lots of doubt (even after watching a great movie "Clue" - one of my all-time favorites!)... my college essay isn't something I'm proud off. Just like the time at the write-offs at SC-JEA... I ended up turning in an essay I knew was bad after the get-go. I still completed it hoping it was good yet I knew it wasn't... That's how I feel with my college essay. But the difference is... I still have days to turn it in.

Today, I looked back and I remembered something Kit told me. I am a "protester." And that brings back the time I actively campaigned to get "O&A" back on the air... and the time I wrote a petition to Universal Music snail mail and email... and when I stood up for CoCo Lee to radio stations.

I've just about finished a "rough" essay about the topic... and I'm very proud of it. I don't care about the UCs so I'll just submit whatever but tomorrow I'll try and have my teacher read it over. I like it a lot. It sounds more honest and less forced than the one about Jo (I still love your music!).

I'm less worried now about not making it in my school of choice because of my essay, because this is something I'm proud of. It represents me. And if they don't like it, then there's nothing more I can do about it. I turned in what I feel represents me. K to the E to the N to the N -Y!

Don't be fooled by the rocks that I've got, I'm still (I'm still) Kenny from da block! ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home