I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Friday, November 29, 2002

I've just finished "Wise Girl" by Jamie-Lynn Sigler (you know, "Meadow" on The Sopranos?). It was a fairly easy read (2 days). It was a good book. I'm not gonna criticize it much or anything (she's just 21 years old!). However when the book isn't the best thing I've read nor is it really well written, it is HONEST. Sigler sounds honest and passionate about what she feels about eating disorders and sharing the story with her fans. It's preachy at times but at the same time, it's not much different than what people write in diaries and journals. She also provides lots of details about her show, cast members, and her singing career.

The book is short and easy-to-read for all ages. I would recommend it but it's more of a book that I would borrow rather than buy (I got my copy at Borders for $13.00). I requested to the library on Main Street to carry this title. Hopefully, they listened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home