I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Sunday, December 14, 2003

"Metamorphosis, Whatever This Is"
[Music || M2M, "Wanna Be Where You Are"]
I definitely did not see tonight coming. Kit called me out of the blue and came to visit; I was surprised to hear how he's been. In a couple of months, each of us (not just us two, but everyone) have transformed into a different path strayed from whatever high school angst and innocence.

Perhaps, it really is true that it is college where one discovers one's true self. I have become a tamed beast admiring his surroundings, straying away from wilderness. I like it that way.

Now I think, if a few months have brought forth so many changes, what about the forthcoming years? I feel scared but excited. Somehow, I know I will look back and always wish for the simple life back then, the days of youth and energy. I don't want to grow up, not now, not yet.

Take me out to the swings Helen. Forget about the 9-to-5 jobs, the finals, the sex, the parties, the drugs -- I want to close my eyes and just swing. Just be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home