I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Sunday, November 09, 2003

"(Are The Things That Hurt So Much) Well, I'll Never Know"
[Music || Britney Spears, "Everytime"]
Sometimes I'm glad to be away. I am free from everything, everybody that was suffocating me in my hometown. I don't miss being nagged on. I don't miss the constant social pressures. I'm free here to take as much time I want at Target. I'm free to take as little time eating. I'm free to sleep until noon without worrying. I'm in charge of my life, making mistakes at my own cost with no one but myself to see and learn from them.

Still, it's not worth the human interaction. The warmth of touch. The times I'll talk until dinner time. The laid back afternoons I can pop a VCD in. Now I feel you are gone and I don't know where it went wrong. We were so close and now I don't feel we know each other. What happened?

I tried to mend it somehow... but I don't know if you don't want me anymore when you didn't reciprocate. I tried to be strong and shrug it off; we'll have some space and everything will be okay again. Thanksgiving break is coming up and I was planning to try and meet you, but now I don't know if you want to see me. Where did it all go wrong?

"My weakness caused you pain." I know I shouldn't linger on if this passes, but before I fall asleep, I think about how much I want this to mend. I think about the good times that happened. "I guess I need you baby."

I sound pathetic as I keep trying but I can't let this go. Not yet, I'm not ready. "What have I done? You seem to move on easy."

Even after watching a funny episode of "Alias" in Zoraida's room, I can't help but come back to see if you hit me up. Like usual, I didn't have high hopes. "I guess I need you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home