I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Monday, February 17, 2003

Ok, stuf* it. I've figured out why I've come to like "Kissing Jessica Stein" so much. The movie isn't preachy (No.1) and it doesn't label anyone (No.2). The whole point with my philosophy is that I don't want anyone to assume who I am or store me away into a category like unpassed bills. I'm just a person. A complex person. And I believe we all are.

I hope I haven't tried to cement someone into a place like how I am feeling now. If I have, I sincerely apologize because I know sometimes, I do make jokes that categorize people. For example, I'm excruciatingly childish when it comes to that driving examiner. I didn't mean it seriously, but part of me is mean-spirited and vengeful.

Why should people care what friends I make? Who I associate with and who I don't? Who I fall in love with? Can't we all just broaden our perspectives? I know I have not, but at least I'm trying.

This post was written as a response to my pondering thoughts to an awkward discussion with a friend last night.
Now I'm going out to buy those Nick tickets. And "Chameli" closed down? I hope not!

P.S. My Rilke quote basically sums up what I'm saying. It took me several reads to decipher a meaning for me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home