I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Monday, February 17, 2003

Has anyone read the young-adult novel "Wonder"? Check it out if you haven't because it really hits home (for me, at least). I still remember buying it at Carmenita... I was actually low on cash that day (figures, I usually saved my lunch money though) and I had to borrow from Bernard or someone. Anyways, I'm glad that I bought it (in that tinsy library/bookshop). It's more real and heartfelt than Judy Blume books. This is what teens feel.

Yesterday I went to see "À la folie... pas du tout" and it was eh. I love Tautou's presence and for that alone, I'm recommending it. It plays vaguely like a TV movie or some TV show. I can't pinpoint why I didn't like it as much as some critics. Perhaps I'm SMARTER than those critics because I wasn't deceived from scene one. I knew something was going to happen and when it did, I was a mile ahead of the movie each time. Maybe I sorta of knew what the movie was about before going in (by watching the trailer). Still, I'll give it a second viewing. The movie just thought it was more clever than it was. I also thought some of the editing was terrible.

For Tautou, the movie was worth it. Her smirk and charm almost stole me over. Like many critics, I praise Tautou for choosing this role which strays away from her saintly "Amélie Poulain" image.

I bought the latest XY and Bitch (I'm like 2 months behind their print date!). I spent all day skimming and reading an article here and there. It wasn't until 1am that I fell asleep. These magazines have some goodys in them. Margaret Cho and amazing poems are the perfect midnight snack.

That reminds me that I should visit that restaurant a friend recommended. I still have a goal I have not accomplish: dining for one. I have to start planning that. It's ridiculous how I'm planning this and not studying.

Alas, I have to buy the Nick tickets today. Do I have to cry for you? Ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home