I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Sunday, November 17, 2002

Vanessa Amorosi. I am on a Vanessa Amorosi high even though I don't love her new singles but they are growers! I can't wait to own "Change" and I need to purchase the long overdue "The Power." I loved her since "Shine" (the song about her friend's suicide over not thinking she was pretty enough) and "Absolutely Everybody." It's a shame all she had was a single in the US (a double-a side of "AE"/"Shine" which was aiming at the dance crowd). I want a Gareth Gates and Vanessa Amorosi (both) album! And Shania's! And t.A.T.u.'s of course! And Rascal Flatt's!

Congrats to X-Tina for a "Dirrty" UK #1! What a surprise since the song is not getting great reception in the US. The irony is that "Dirrty" is performing well in the UK but her album slipped to #40 while in the US, her singles are underperforming while her album is selling well (not great, but well). "Beautiful" should be a surefire Top 20 hit. In Australia, it's almost the same scenerio as the UK with the single a Top 10 laster and the album, a leaver.

And another congrats to Delta Goodrem for a #1 Australian Aria Single! She is ranked #3 behind Las Ketchup and Nelly/Kelly! "Born To Try" is much more suited to her voice than the Angela Via cover "I Don't Care." Not to mention, the song is very inspirational.

I also found out Girls@Play's "Airhead" debut at #59 and CoCo Lee's "A Love Before Time" debut at #79 in the ARIA charts.

P.S. I don't wanna go to school! ARGH.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home