I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Wednesday, April 21, 2004

"'Take Out' Runs Cold"
[Music || JoJo, "Leave (Get Out)"]
So, completing my ASU final event to attend, I went to the Film Group's screening of "Take Out," an Asian American movie. Although there were technical difficulties throughout the screening, it didn't affect my opinion of the movie. "Take Out" had a sense of direction, but it's not worth watching.

The ending was pitiful. I felt no sympathy with the drone lead character. The supporting cast saved the movie from becoming a snoozefest. The pace was quick, but at times, it felt like the deliveries were overkill. There is no way one person can delivery all that on a bike. And are we really to believe no Asian Americans order take-out?

I liked the idea of showing how hard Asian immigrants worked in America and what limited job opportunities they had, but the end result of the movie didn't do it for me. I can't really blame a lot of production because it was shot on a low budget and digital camera. Still, I couldn't appreciate this movie because it had no heart and I didn't really care about what happened to the lead character.

I wouldn't pay to watch this, so thank you for making it a Free Screening.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home