I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Monday, July 14, 2003

Let's see if I really bought what I sought after. This is a research on my fickle music taste as a teenager.

[ Mon Nov 18, 06:31:13 PM | Kenneth H | edit ]
I'm gonna be dorky and make a CD wish list (hint: Christmas). I just have so much I want. I'll make a nice fancy gallery of the CDs when I have time... but not today. CD wish lists are usually stuff I can bear without but still really want. For example, I won't wait for a t.A.T.u. album but would wait for a Rascal Flatts album since I like their song but I'm not crazy about it.


Albums (listing from stuff I want the most):
1. Gareth Gates, "What My Heart Wants To Say" YES. I love the sappy love ballads for hopeless romantics. Hey, a boy can dream as PYT sorta said.

2. Vanessa Amorosi, "Change" (Germany import) NO. VA was dropped but I still believe this album is good especially after the brilliant (but flopped) "True To Yourself." Word has it she is recording a brand new album for her Australian release.

3. Robyn, "Don't Stop The Music" (Sweden import); Carly Hennessy, "Ultimate High" NO/YES. I bought Carly Hennessy's. I wrote a column on this interesting girl. Her album ain't bad and I learned how to play "No One's Safe From Goodbye." I no longer have intentions to buy Robyn's.

4. Lene Marlin, "Playing My Game" (import); RubyBlue, "Beyond Pink" NO/YES. Lene's shot to the top of my want list. It's strange how I keep buying albums I don't really love and I put on hold my favorite album of all time.. LENE! I will buy it now with my Tower gift card or something. I did buy RubyBlue's and it's one of my favorite purchases of the year. I don't know how smart pop can go beyond RubyBlue.. and why they never officially got the chance to release it. Shame on their record company.

5. Rascal Flatts, "Melt"; A Walk To Remember, soundtrack YES/NO. I got Rascal's because KMart was having a big discount on their store closing. It's a great country album with some of the fantastic tunes. One day, I will buy the AWTR soundtrack.

6. Shania Twain, "UP!" YES. I did buy it the first day because it was cheap and I was in KMart. It was two discs too and came with a free poster. It's an album I can live without.

7. Point of Grace, "Free To Fly" NO. I still have interest in it... but it's not a CD I am crazy to purchase.

8. Mandy Moore, "Mandy Moore" NO. I still want it though, but until prices drop and I have money to spare.

9. Tina Arena, "Just Me" (import); Alizee, "Gourmandises" (French import) NO/NO. I still have a bit of interest in both.. but I can live without them. Perhaps I will get a chance to buy them when I visit France... whenever that is.

10. Sissel, "Sissel" (US debut) YES. I like this album very much. Her voice is stunning. I love her rendition of "Solitarie." Tower had a great deal on this so I snatch it up.

11. Christina Aguilera, "Stripped" NO, no intentions to buy it now either. I just wanted it at the time because of the hype.

12. Tim McGraw, "Tim McGraw and the Dancehall Doctors" NO. Read #11.

13. Will Young, "From Now On" NO. But maybe I still want it when I can find it for cheap. This is the equivalant to Kelly Clarkson's "Thankful." It's probably gonna be very generic.

14. LeAnn Rimes, "Twisted Angel" YES! Thanks to the KMart store closing sale. This album includes one of my favorite driving with the windows rolled down songs, "Suddenly"! It gives me a sense of independence when I listen to it. The album is slick and nice and not as bad as some have criticized it to be. I like it.

15. Amelie, soundtrack NO. Same thing with Alizee's. I have yet to become a fan of movie scores too.

16. The Corrs, Vh1 live (with Bono) NO. I still like The Corrs so maybe I will buy it, but only when it's the right timing and I like the price.

17. Jennifer Lopez, "This Was Me... Then" NO. No interest. It was the hype.
18. Mariah Carey, "Charmbracelet" NO. Same as #17.
19. Craig David, "Slicker Than Your Average" NO. Same as #17.
20. 3lw, "A Girl Can Mack" NO. Same as #17.

(Ok, ok... so I don't want a lot of them but I just wanted the list to end on a nice even number. I'll probably buy 3, 4 or the ones I listed. t.A.T.u. rocks!)

Singles (ok, singles? now that's pathetic!)
1. Delta Goodrem, "Born To Try" (Australian import) NO. Maybe the album though...
2. Faith Hill, "Cry" (import with "Wicked" and "Shadows") NO. I don't like singles that much now.
3. Vanessa Amorosi, "Spin (Everybody's Doin' It) NO. I don't like singles tha tmuch now.

How many did I buy out of 24 albums? Seven.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home