I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Friday, June 13, 2003

Since I stayed up this late, I might as well have time to blog it, right? Yes... I rather blog this fabulous night of memories before I fall asleep. It's very strange to see that the sun is rising outside and the sky is purple.

Graduation was fun. I don't know what to make of the ceremony. It was nice. Instead of going to CPK, my family and I decided on Marie Callenders instead of nasty and slow Baker Sqaure. I was "nervously excited" that I couldn't finished much of my fettuccine alfredo. I had to rush because there was this not-so-greatly planned activity Kit and the group of seniors wanted to do at 10. It was suppose to be "clubbin'" but so many people kept adding onto the list. I can't blame them.. there's a Grad rush going through you.

So, it got complicated and I almost screamed my head off with the lack of direction and organization. If it was me driving, I would've been pissed. It was Lien and she's a Miss Independent! Thank goodness for her intuition (follow your hearrrrt, your intuition!). Anyways, despite Helen and her gang not coming along in the end, we had three cars: Kit's, Lien's, and Beatrice's.

Anyways, Kit took our two cars along the ride to Hollywood Blvd. for some so-called "club searchin'." It was beyond ridiculous that we were going in circles. I spent so much time talking to them on the cell phone about "When are we exactly stopping?" cos it seemed like a chase (I was in Lien's car and we got lost). Finally, we find the clubs and somehow we end up not going in. Some people supposedly did not "dress the part" and could not make it in. No one actually tried to get in though. This was a case of miscommunication. Lien really dressed up nicely!!! All glamourous and such!

Oh.. what I wore? Besides that rash from the nasty deodorant (I think I'm allergic to it) cos I didn't want to sweat, I put on a prep look of my grad clothes and my blue sweater. I also wore my cool, "unique" shoes I designed myself. I thought I looked pretty spiffy so I sprayed one shot of Cool Water on my neck that's been sitting in my bathroom for ages since my brother bought it and never used it. It smelled good.

Anyways, back to the stopping of the cars. Thank goodness Carolyn or one of the girls suggested Santa Monica beach.. so why not? What did we have to lose..? We were seniors and we wanted to do something. If I was a driver, I would've been scared cos everyone broke so many rules cuz the three cars were following each other in a straight line, trying not to lose sight of each other. Lien was the leader and got the directions from her ex for freeways and such... By the time we got to Santa Monica (I brought Vitamin C to blast "Graduation (Friends Forever)" in Lien's car), it was about 1:20 a.m. I never went to the beach so early. There was cops there to patrol, but I didn't actually see them, just their cars. There were other kids there as well.

I thought the waves and the dark painted night was beautiful. It reminded me of the line in Lee Ann Womack's "I Hope You Dance" that goes "I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean." Anyways, enough of that. None of us were dressed for the part of the beach... especially me. To make a long story short, all my clothes have to be washed clean! I scrubbed my feet so many times but the darkness has not come out yet. Yep, I was barefooted. Only five (Carolyn, Lien, Ali, Kit, and me) of the ten (Beatrice, Tracy, Danh, Trinh, Albert) of us had the guts to get wet and run around like manics on Ritalin! I was one of them. Anyways, fun fun fun. I was happy Ali came along!

Thinking of it, I don't think it would be the same if we did it another night. The rush of graduation and the beach.. we felt free and wanted to have fun. This was our "grad night." It was really fun, but I know all of us who got wet are gonna get sick today! Lien got me soaked, and I was kind of frustrated at one point that my nice clothes and shoes were all sandy. In the end, it was a great time.

The beach is so nice at night. So peacefully serene. So isolated. The pier (although closed) gives the water a warm glow with its reflection. I thought I saw a couple people having some sex on the beach! Haha, wouldn't that be something? I think that's why cops patrol at night.

Afterwards, I suggested Carrow's over Norm's and Denny's. A good choice. Carrow's is still very good 24 hours with the same menu. Beatrice slept in the car. She was very tired. I hope she had some fun tonight. We ate until 4:15 a.m. or something. Carrow's definitely have nicer waiters. I'm glad we gave a DECENT/normal amount of tips. I felt bad for the guy. But we're pretty much teens with little money. The only thing I regret is not bringing my camera. This was a day of beautiful disasters. With a graduation, we are finally let go... and it's time to fly. What a rush.

There's a lot more I want to write but I am so sleepy. I can hear the birds chirping.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home