I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Sunday, June 13, 2004

"Borrowed Heaven"
[Music || Mandy Moore, "Hey"]
Just when I thought I was losing faith in The Corrs, I let "Borrowed Heaven" grow on me. I adore the lyrics. From "Hideaway" to "Baby Be Brave," the lyrics resonated with such honesty.

Lene Marlin and The Corrs are artists whose lyrics I love because they tend to fill the voids in my life. They're open to interpretation. They're complex. They're reassuring. If I'm in a low point in my life, I know their albums will be the ones I reach for.

Right now, I'm listening to Mandy Moore's "Hey." This is her best song since "Crush," in my opinion. I love "Hey." I heard it might've been written about her ex-beau Andy. The lyrics are something I can fit into several aspects in my life right now.

It's late right now and I cannot sleep. I am tired but my close won't close. I'm getting butterflies thinking about summer school. I hope it'll be a blast. Lately, I've felt school is a distraction to keep my mind away from things I don't want to contemplate.

[snippet] And then he changed
And proceeded to tear from me
Every inch of soul, you see
And he's kept it to this day

And I turn,
Everytime
I find a piece of him in corners of my mind
So I washed it all away

And time, it took me time
But I have left those memories back and far behind
He called me yesterday
Just to say hey!
[/snippet]

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home