I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Saturday, June 18, 2011

"When you've worked as hard, and done as much, and strived, and tried, and given, and pleaded, and bargained, and hoped: surrender. When you have done all you can do, and there's nothing left for you to do, give it up. Give it up to that thing that is greater than yourself."
-Oprah

I heard Oprah's story years ago on her 20th Anniversary DVD and it has impacted my life.

There are times I get so frustrated in wanting things to happen when I want them to. I've learned after doing everything, and I mean EVERYTHING I can, I have to let it go. It's no longer in my control and in order to live, be sane, and healthy, I have to surrender it and give it up.

I've surrendered when it came to relationships, my career, my housing, and more.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home