I loved your memo, btw...

''It's not a memo, it's a mission statement.''

Saturday, November 02, 2002

Btw, incase anyone missed out... I did a column on Kaci instead of M2M or Faith Hill this month. Exciting, eh? I totally pulled out the Kaci idea at the 11th hour. Oh yeah, Havan told me someone at school didn't like it because Kaci isn't a "new artist."

First off all (when you wake up in the morning and the day is shot! Find yourself complain' about the things u ain't got!), Kaci is NEW. At least, to Americans because I didn't cover her UK career at all. And second, the column's objective was "The Hit That Wasn't." It wasn't "The New Artist Whose Hit That Wasn't." Though, that would've been cool... I didn't do that. Kaci's singles are excellent-o and if you've seen her live (like I HAVE), maybe you would appreciated her good music too.

After all, research went out and audiences reacted to "Intervention Divine." The lyrics really hit home and Kaci made the song work.

I know "Butterflies Don't Lie," "I'm Gonna Break Your Heart," and the loads of other songs on her album are really, really good as well.. but hey, I had to cut so much that my column lacked a lot of gust-o. I tried so hard to capture all my intented wit and style without cutting too much. I can't include her whole album. That's why it's "The Hit," not "The Album."

How about my December column? It's hard to say now but Jo Davidson is in the running. But like Kaci, I might pull something out at the 11th hour.

Check out http://www.thematador.org (and maybe my column will be up by now).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home